Avery Dennison protects its customers' right to privacy. The following guidelines outline fair and appropriate handling of all customer information passed through this web site and other Avery Dennison operated websites.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Avery Dennison protects its customers' right to privacy. The following guidelines outline the handling of all customer information passed through this web site.
We at Avery Dennison value our customers and take great pride in assuring that their privacy is maintained. It is important that we maintain an environment where our customers feel comfortable that the information they provide us with will not be misused. We believe that every customer should be able to conduct business with us without having their personal information used for unrelated purposes. This document provides guidelines, which are used by Avery Dennison to ensure proper handling of all customer information.
In general, when you visit our web sites and access information, you remain anonymous. We collect personal information from the visitors of our web sites on a voluntary basis only, and explain how this information will be used at the time it is requested.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- name, title, company, address, phone number
- contact information including email address and
- other information that you may enter in the forms on one of our web sites.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We use the personal information we collect for the purpose of responding to online queries, supply requested information on Avery Dennison products, process and ship orders, fulfill online marketing offers, establish approved links and for internal market analysis.
- Using the email address you have provided, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise this website according to your interests.
- We may also use the information you have provided for a specific purpose, which is mentioned on the forms on this web site.
If legally required, we will obtain your prior permission before we contact you.
Do we sell personal information to third parties?
We do not sell or rent personal information to third parties.
Our Web servers collect the domain names of all visitors of our web sites. We also use third party services such as Google Analytics to collect information about visitors of our web sites. This information is aggregated to determine number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the web site usage, and to improve the content as well as the value of our web sites.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures that safeguard and secure all information collected online.
Avery Dennison strives to keep online visitor information secure against any and all unauthorized access and use. This information is protected by Company security measures, which are reviewed periodically.
Links to other websites
This site may contain links to other third party sites. We take steps to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. However, we are not responsible for the privacy standards and practices of third parties. We encourage you to read and understand privacy policies of all web sites you visit.
Some of our web sites may contain "cookies", which send and store data on your Web browser. This allows our server(s) to recognize you and better serve you when you visit our web sites in the future. Most web browsers can be configured to not accept cookies, or to notify you if a cookie is sent to you.
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information. If you give us any personal information about yourself or others we promise to treat it securely, fairly and lawfully.
We are committed to protect your privacy. When we ask you for personal information it will only be in response to you actively using our online products or communication services, e.g. email.
Cookies - What are they?
Cookies are small text files that get stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. They are widely used in order to make websites work more effectively. Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser (session cookies). Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache (persistent cookies or tracking code) and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
For more information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Provide a secure online environment where required.
- Enhance user experience by remembering users’ login details.
- Track web site performance in order to improve its usability and provide you a better online experience.
Provide you a better online experience and tracking website performance
We use the following type of cookies to understand how visitors use our online services and we are constantly on the lookout for ways to improve them. By way of example, a cookie might tell us that many people give up at a certain stage in the process. In cases like one at hand we can use this information to make the step a lot easier to use for all our customers.
||Expires at the end of your session.
Is used to track progress through the site and length of visit.
Stores your username and password associated with certain areas of the site,
plus information about your account and keeps you logged in for the duration of your visit.
||Does not contain personal information
Keeps track of where a visit came from, what search engine was used, what
link was clicked, on what keyword was used, and where in the world visitor was when
accessing the website.
Tracks the number of visits, and the time of the first, previous, and current visit.
Remembers (if selected) user name and password for the Avery Dennison website you are visiting.
Remembers if you have completed a software registration form when you previously visited the web site.
You can delete cookies relating to our websites, but we will not remember things about you, including your cookie preferences, and you will be treated as a first-time visitor the next time you visit a web site.
We believe our customers should have the right to decline disclosure of personal information that is collected in our databases. The records for those individuals who request that their personal information not be used for future mailings will be marked in our database so that their names will be excluded from any contact in the future.
Customers can request removal of their name and customer information by the following methods:
- For Office and Consumer Products customers by calling the respective Avery Dennison Customer Service Centre, Monday to Friday between the hours of 10am - 4pm.
- For our Materials and RBIS customers by contacting the local Marketing Communications contacts, details of which are to be found in the latest mailing you have received.
Avery Dennison customer information sources
Avery Dennison's customer information is collected when customers:
- Call Avery Dennison Customer Service Center (“CSC”). When customers call the CSC, we might ask for their names, address, phone number, and other customer profile information that helps us better serve their needs in the future. This information helps facilitate communication with our customers by allowing us to quickly and efficiently identify the customer.
- Respond to various marketing campaigns (i.e. advertisements, business reply cards, offers, bulletins, etc.). This customer information collected is completely voluntary. In most cases, customers are given a choice to have their names removed by checking the appropriate box on the questionnaire.
We would only use online email communication with customers who have given us permission to do so. When used, we will provide our customers with a mechanism through which they can request that Avery Dennison omits their email addresses from lists or databases. We will always provide our customers with an email address, postal address, and telephone number at which we can be contacted.
What if you do not wish to receive any information?
If you would rather not receive any information about the activities, products and services of Avery Dennison, you can indicate this by sending a letter to this effect and enclosing a copy of your proof of identity to Avery Dennison to the e-mail address below.
Providing electronic services is important to Avery Dennison, particularly because these e-services offer customers, prospective customers and web site visitors quick and convenient access to information. When you subscribe to receiving communications by e-mail, when such a service is offered, you are giving Avery Dennison permission to use your e-mail address for that specific purpose.
If you have any questions requests with regard to this policy, please contact us at:
Avery Dennison Corporation
Attn: Corporate Communications
Email address: email@example.com
Avery Dennison may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective as of 14 January 2013.